Thursday, August 14, 2008

It Takes A Lickin'... But Will Keep On Tickin'!!!

As noted in an earier post, I broadsided a bicyclist at 40MPH a couple weeks ago when he rode his bike into my path. Thankfully, he's recovering well. I last spoke to him a week or so ago and he's still got some ankle pain... but he bought himself a new bike and a new helmet (after his last helmet broke when it hit my car) and he's back riding again.
So the Subie is in the shop now having the roof and front end repaired. The guys working on the car are simply amazed that the person whose body smashed into the car wasn't more seriously hurt. I guess I had enough angels riding with me that afternoon that a few got out in front of me to help him too.

Just as the battery inside says... this car is a die hard. When Krista gets this car one day, I'll have to find another Subaru. These tough little cars just run forever!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

j.q. said...

Spending thousands to fix a car with over 200k miles is either an extreme act of love or an extreme act of insanity. Or it could be an insane act of love. I got to hand it to you, I would have scrapped it. Now you are WAY (more) committed to it.

I don't care what your family says, you are a great Dad!

Dave said...

Um... I'd have to admit to an extreme act of love, both for the car and for Krista who begged to have it repaired so it could be her first car.

More about Subaru love in the post above. :-)

Anonymous said...

So....like I said the other night on the phone, I hope she is a very attentive driver! (And that she knows it's better to get stung by a bee than crash the car! LOL!!)
Love you!