Monday, March 3, 2008

Vacation Digest

Vacation is almost over... for me. Vacation ended yesterday for the kids, but I knew that I'd need a "Disney Detox" day so here I am at home catching up on a number of things. The blog is one of the them.



Vacations are always fun to anticipate, fun to go on, and fun to be finished with. I don't think we would have done one more day as we were all just pooped out after the week. I mentioned in yesterdays post that there was good, and bad. We arrived late Saturday night with plans on hitting Epcot Sunday before checking in to the condo. Well... we got as far as this McDonalds parking lot. Megan suddenly felt sick, and threw up in the back seat of this brand new 4-Runner! It became the Toyota Barfmobile.

She assured us later that she felt ALL BETTER and really wanted to go to Epcot... so off we went. We got to Epcot and soon after, Megan was sick again... and we spent all of about 30 minutes at Epcot and called it a day. Good thing, too... Emily started throwing up that evening!

By Tuesday, SHAUNA was sick, and ended up going back to condo while I had a fun day... just me and my girls.



The only other bummer on the trip was the weather on Tuesday when tornado watches were issued throughout the area. While Shauna was sick in bed, she watched TV and kept me up to date on the weather. It moved in fast and by the time we were running for the car, the rain was SO HARD we were soaked all the way through... as if we had stood in our bathroom shower for 5 minutes!


Okay... enough of the "bad". The fun we had included having our friends the Cordova's from Boise meet us at Disney for the day on Tuesday. WHAT A BLAST! A former employee of ours from our coffee shop has been interning at Disney, so she met up with us on Saturday and spent the afternoon with us (Thanks Andrea!). Also, with the weather being just slightly less than ideal, the crowds were non-existant so there was virtually no waiting! Many times we'd just stay on the ride and do it again! The kids got to meet many of their favorite charters. We swam at the resort. We never got up super early. We just vacationed!

Here, Megan is being certified "Princess Of The Day" at Disney. She was able to pull the sword out of the stone... both big sisters were unable to. She felt pretty special!

Wednesday, the high temp was only 60, so I took the opportunity to sport my Boise State BLUE!

Another highlight was going to "The Holy Land Experience". http://www.theholylandexperience.com/ There we saw reinactments of Jesus' minitries, learned about the Dead Sea scrolls, and also witnessed the death and resurrection of Jesus. If you're ever in Orlando... GO!


Well there ya have it... Vacation Digest. If you have a weird desire to see more pictures, email me and let me know. I'll send you the link.

1 comment:

j.q. said...

I am jealous and can't wait until we can go puking at Disney with our kids someday. I mean if you are going to be puking it might as well be in Florida at Disney World right? Kidding aside we are glad to have our neighbors back in town. Thanks for coming back. :-)

--jqn