Friday, February 1, 2008

Emily... The Nashville Connection

This April, it will be 11 years that I became a member of The Gospel Music Association. It was also then that I'd be attending my first convention in Nashville. Emily delayed that trip! She was two weeks past due arriving to this world and I had to blow off the trip. Now almost every year I have to miss her birthday because of my yearly trip to Nashville to hang with Christian Music's brightest stars and my fellow radio broadcasters. I was able to make it up to Emily last year, though. I was having dinner with her favorite artist of all time, Toby Mac, when I asked if he wouldn't mind calling Emily to wish her Happy Birthday. You just can't buy your daughter a gift like that at Toys 'R Us! I was the coolest dad in the hood for at least 2 whole weeks!







Oh... and this would be her boy Toby




No comments: